Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2011 06:00

XPS M1530 is dead?

I have had my XPS M1530 since they released in 2007/2008 (I think). I used it on Sunday, worked fine, shut it down put it in my laptop bag. This morning I set it up and press the power button and nothing. No a single light, no noise, nothing, dead. I checked the charge LEDs on the battery and it is full, reseated the battery twice, nothing. Plugged in the power supply and noticed that the green led on the power supply only blinked and went out instead of staying on. I tried holding the power button, as well as holding the fn and power button. Nothing at all. Any one had this happen to them and figure out the problem???

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 28th, 2011 06:00

If the LED on the adapter doesn't stay on when it's disconnected from the system, replace it. If it does, but goes out on connection to the system, the mainboard in the notebook is faulty.

77 Posts

March 30th, 2011 09:00

The led on the power supply stays on when plugged in with out the laptop. As soon as I hook up the laptop it goes out.

Great, guess it's shot. Does anyone have any idea if this is a symptom of the Nvidia GPU issue? http://nvidiasettlement.com

Not that it really matters I guess, since the claims deadline was last week and mine just now died this week!... figures.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2011 10:00

It isn't a video issue - no - it's a power issue with the system board.

No Events found!