Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 25th, 2009 13:00

XPS M1730 Screen Problems

Hello board,

I have an XPS M1730 which is on its 3rd screen now. The first screen came out-of-the-box with lines in the upper right corner. A fwe weeks ago it was replaced with a new screen. I noticed the replacement screen had a bright white bar of light across the bottom of the screen, spanning the entire width. I requested another new screen and it too has this bright white band of light, mostly visible when seen against a dark background or watching a movie.

The original screen did not have this, which makes me wonder if something happened to the screen connector when the first tech worked on the laptop. He basically man handled the thing ,broke both the new and old bezels in the process. Has anyone seen this behavior w/ their M1730 screen?

Thanks!

20 Posts

September 5th, 2009 13:00

I just came across your post as I was searching for others with the M1730 that might have that light bleed at the bottom of the screen. My wife's laptop has this as well. I don't use it, but was looking at it and noticed that she has a white bar about a quarter to half inch high. Asked her how long she had it and she said she never even noticed it until I mentioned it. To me it is irritating but she just ignores it. I have seen a few posts about light bleed and seems to be kind of common on various manufacturer's laptops. Maybe cheap screens or some other issue, I don't know. I guess if I called Dell they might replace the screen, but that seems like a messy job to me. Since it didn't seem to fix your problem, maybe I should  just leave it alone.

No Events found!