Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 21st, 2009 11:00

XPS Studio 16 AC Power Adapter Making weird electrical sounds

Since I got my new laptop a few days ago the AC Power Adapter has been getting really hot and making noise... the noise sounds like electrical sparks... you cant see any sparks it looks normal...

However it is very very hot. Any ideas on what the problem is? Also I attempted to use the irish dell website with my dell service tag so i could email dell directly and the website says that I did not buy my laptop in the UK or Ireland so I cant send an email to tech support. However this is not the case I'm irish and ordered the laptop on the irish dell website and had it delivered to my Irish home address.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

1 Message

November 14th, 2009 17:00

Hey i ordered my laptop from canada and im right here cause i have the SAME problem and im wondering if its dangerous..when the comp is off its ok but as soon as i open it it does like krr krr (like electrical things that touch each other)

I'll send an email to the technical support..

-----EDIT---------

Hello! I just called the technical support and they said they would send me a new one for safety purposes..so maybe you should call back the irish dell or send a picture of the purchases paper to prove u actually did buy it there..

Good luck!

1 Message

December 22nd, 2009 12:00

Rarely does mine get hot but it has a electrical burn smell on AC Adapter Model HA65NS3-00 REV:AO1 for my 12 month old Studio S1535. So far I just plug it in when I am using it.

No Events found!