Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2016 04:00

XPS13 9343 Black Screen

Hi All,

My XPS13 Laptop (9343) recently stopped displaying on the in-built screen. I tried:

-Updating the bios

-Reinstalling Drivers

-Doing the PWR+D test (it displayed fine)

-Re-installing windows 10

It seems like this is a common problem?

2 Posts

June 17th, 2016 19:00

I closed the screen on my laptop last night, opened it back up this morning and it wouldn't work. The only way I can use the laptop now is with an external monitor plugged in. When I try to clone or display directly to the in-built display, it doesn't work.

I've tried:

-Restarting

-Installing the latest drivers from the website

-Using the Pwr+D test, in which the built-in display displays all colors perfectly.

I have the A07 Bios installed. I tried booting to the bios, but it won't display on the external monitor, so I can't see what is going on...

Any help would be appreciated.

2K Posts

June 19th, 2016 08:00

Hi AZZA2111,

Is there any physical damage on the system? Is the lcd bezel and cover loose?

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

Or try fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the onboard diags. If the system beeps, count the exact # of beeps. This should help isolate the source of the issue.

Try swiveling the screen back and forth and see if the display comes back. 

Use a flashlight on the display and check if there is any dim display visible.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

No Events found!