Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2015 02:00

XPS13 9343

Hi

I have below question.

1. Can XPS13 downgrade to windows7 with Win8.1 license?

2. Can XPS13 support M.2 NVME SSD? And if yes, when i install Win7 do i need to install MS hotfix?

3. My laptop brough by US, But I change the service to TW, why I can't get any service from TW support team

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 1st, 2015 06:00

1.  Only if it's Windows 8.1 Pro.  If it's 8.1 (non-Pro) there is no downgrade right.  With Windows 10 within 30 days of release, dowgrading to 7 makes little sense.

2.  Yes, it supports M.2 (NGFF) only (NOT mSATA).

3.  If that model is sold in Taiwan, and you upgraded to an onsite service plan (at extra cost) when you purchased the system) you can transfer the tag to Taiwan:

< >

If you DID NOT upgrade the warranty, you must do so before transferring.

However, if this model isn't sold in Taiwan, there will be no support for it there -- all warranty/support means it would need to be returned to the U.S.   Dell will support only the models it sells in a specific market.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2015 06:00

For 1, understood.

For 2, it support M.2, but I want to check if i can use a NVME SSD in XPS13

For 3, i do the transfer to service to TW, and received a mail that i had successfully transfer it. It should be mean that i can ask service or update warranty within TW service, but when add this service tag, i can't upgrade it. However I will ask my sales to do more detail.

No Events found!