Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 30th, 2016 12:00

XPS13 (L321) wifi problem

My XPS 13 (L321 model, about three and a half years old) has recently developed an irritating problem whereby when booted up it won't connect to my wifi router (if I try t manually connect it I get a 'cannot connect to this network error). This now happens every time it's powered on, but if I then reboot it, it connects fine without any problems. My work laptop (a Latitude) also has no problems connecting to the router.

Has anyone else come across this issue? I've tried the obvious - downloading the latest driver from both the Dell and the Intel site and trying that, but it's made no difference to the issue.

OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 6th, 2017 07:00

* Press Win + X
* Click Command Prompt (Admin)
* Type in the following commands:
netsh winsock reset [press Enter]
netsh int ip reset [press Enter]
ipconfig /release [press Enter]
ipconfig /renew [press Enter]
ipconfig /flushdns [press Enter]
* When done, close the Command Prompt and restart the system. Then retest

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

February 21st, 2017 13:00

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did try this, with mixed results - sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it displays the same symptoms. I have since done a complete fresh install of the OS and drivers, and that also hasn't worked - it's OK sometimes, but other times it still won't connect to the Wifi network when it starts up, until it's rebooted then it connects without problems.

No Events found!