Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 15th, 2016 13:00

XPS15 9550 The Speed of my lap goes real slow!!!!!!

I am a engineering student and i ve been working on my project with MATLAB. last wednesday I finished my class and back home for the project, it took me almost 20seconds to open matlab. and the processing speed goes real low like taking 5seconds to open the task manager and stuck when im typing

swear to god its not like this last month. i bought it only for a two months everything goes well. I installed nothing  let alone  dropping or any damage to such expensive lap. just suddenly the speed collapse. i did the recovery for disk C and issue still exists. I run all the test even asked for remote diagnosis and the technician says it seems normal(***!)

I thought it might be hardware issue. Now im asking for help if anyone knows whats wrong with my lap. sending back for repair is my last choice since I really need it for my project. 

appreciate !!!!!!!!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2016 11:00

Please click on link below, hopefully it will be of help.

Dell XPS 9550 or Dell Precision 5510 may experience Slow CPU Performance, slow boot time or ePSA diagnostics error;

www.dell.com/.../SLN300898

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 17th, 2016 11:00

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 17:00

Run the System file checker. It scan for any corrupted system files that could be causing problems and fix those corrupt files as well.

a) Press Windows key + X key at the same time, select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

If no corrupted system files were found , then I would suggest you try the following steps:

a) Select Command prompt (Admin)

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command....  

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

10 Posts

December 21st, 2016 13:00

i tried but its not working. the system doesnt work smoothly..i open task manager and it will stuck for a while, let alone typing or open something else. I contact technical support but the diagnosis was all pass and the technician said it was normal for such condition, unacceptable!Im starting to suspect that they build this lap with bad quality components...I received it at october and its just one more month further than the return policy....*** !!

10 Posts

December 21st, 2016 13:00

i tried but its not working. the system doesnt work smoothly..i open task manager and it will stuck for a while, let alone typing or open something else. I contact technical support but the diagnosis was all pass and the technician said it was normal for such condition, unacceptable!Im starting to suspect that they build this lap with bad quality components...I received it at october and its just one more month further than the return policy....*** !!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 16:00

If you're able to get into safe mode and computer is running okay then I suggest you download/run the free version of Malwarebytes in link below. It's the best for getting rid of nasty Malwares which causes a lot of problems on a computer.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 21st, 2016 16:00

simonsayshi wrote: "I tried but its not working. the system doesnt work smoothly..i open task manager and it will stuck for a while ",

:emotion-2:

Please check and see if computer runs smoothly in 'safe mode with networking'. To get to safe mode, restart computer, at the  sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power & Restart. After computer restarts to the 'Choose an option screen', select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup Settings , and then Restart. After computer restarts, you'll see a list of options, select Safe Mode with Networking.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Perform a clean boot. Please click on link below;

support.microsoft.com/.../929135

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

EDIT / Advanced slow performance Troubleshooting:

In many cases, slow performance can be caused by outdated drivers or Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) settings. Be sure to regularly update your drivers to take full advantage of your hardware and software. Generally speaking, you should update your drivers and BIOS in the following order:

1. BIOS
  2. Chipset Driver
  3. Video Driver
  4. Audio Driver
  5. Network Driver
  6. Hard Drive Firmware
  7. Other Drivers

Try updating each of these drivers individually, and then restart the computer to retest the system to see if the problem continues.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Advanced slow performance Troubleshooting:

www.dell.com/.../SLN171944

10 Posts

December 21st, 2016 20:00

it stopped at 45%

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 07:00

" it stopped at 45% "

:emotion-2:

The system file checker stop at 45% ? If yes, system file checker sometimes will take a long time to complete.

10 Posts

April 23rd, 2017 16:00

I sent it back and its SSD issue. thanks guys

No Events found!