Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2011 12:00

XPS17 L702X Blank screen, code 43 Nvidia GT 555M

Hello

About a month ago I got the new XPS17 L702X laptop with HD and 3-D. This morning when I turn it on, I only could see the post image from DELL XPS and the options F2 and F12 after that everything went black. I could even hear the windows chime that it was on the welcome screen but I couldn't see anything.

Called Dell, turn to Solution Station and after one hour they said it was a hardware and not a software problem. that didn't discourage the guy to try and sell me a $240.00 software support package for something he couldnt fix, unbelieavable. Well, then to hardware XPS support where I had to repeat my story three times. They said it was the motherboard that need replacing.

I have had really bad experiences before with Dell, so I went out and got an HDMI monitor and try to see if the HDMI connection on my laptop could give me some information. I wrestled a little bit, but now I could see windows and logon. Try a system restore and nothing happened, still the same black screen after post. Then opened device manager and says that NVIDIA GeForce GT555M has stopped working properly and was shutdown (Code 43). Right now I am just making a back up of my hard drive before anything else burns out.

Memory check was fine, Chkdsk was fine.  Can anyone help to see if its a driver or hardware issue here?

943 Posts

November 7th, 2012 04:00

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would suggest you to boot the system in Safe Mode with Networking and uninstall the NVidia GT 555M from Device Manager. Restart your computer, after that check how it works.

I would also suggest you to install latest version of NVidia drivers from the below mentioned link and restart your system:

http://dell.to/RgWBYN

You can also run Microsoft fix it article from the below mentioned link:

http://bit.ly/SAFAb6

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

No Events found!