Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2010 23:00

XPSM1330 NVIDIA CHIP PROBLEM

Hi all,

This is Ajay a newbie in the community ,I joined to share my xpsm1330 nvidia chip problem.I bought  my laptop in 2008 when i was in England  then it was  845 pounds ,It worked really well until i had strange white screen on my xps .Now my warranty was expired what is the best suggestion you guys can give to me whether to replace motherboard  or to buy a new one .

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 7th, 2010 04:00

If you're less than 12 months out of warranty, Dell will replace the board.  If you have to replace it at your expense, buy the Intel version - not another nVidia.  You'll need a new heatsink for the swap as well.

www.parts-people.com is one good source of parts.

3 Posts

September 7th, 2010 07:00

Thanks for your suggestion I think my  xps is  still out of warranty ,I want to know can we get a bargain deal incase if we exchange  my oldboard with newone .

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 7th, 2010 08:00

That will depend on where you buy - I would think not, since boards are essentially unrepairable once the video chip fails, so they're worthless.

3 Posts

September 8th, 2010 00:00

when i checked  Dell website for  motherboard i found  its price as 420 $ where as in the website you suggested  it is 210 $  is there any difference  between them  because the price  difference is  nearly double of it .

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 8th, 2010 04:00

Other than possibly a warranty (will range from zero on EBay to 90 days with Dell), probably not.

No Events found!