Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

118 Posts

September 11th, 2008 20:00

additional infomation on dismantle of 8100 display

I have the 8100 manual!  I have removed all the screws!

I am afraid of breaking the snaps along the sides of the display which is required to remove the LCD top bezel from the bottom hinge/cover assy!  Manual says use scribe to asist!!

These tabs do not seem to disengage easily!  Is there a special knack?  I would not like to break a tab!

DO you just pry out while pushing up on the tab? Am I likely to break a tab? I am dismantling a 14.1 inch Samsung LCD unit! There appears to be 2 tabs along each side of the display plastic.

Did not expect the screw covers to be glued on!  Are they available from Dell as spare parts?  ANy recommendations on how to re-attach!  Probably 3-m adhesive of some type!

ONe final question!  Based on other posts sounds like jury is out on wheter bad backlight or a inverter or backlight problem!  For the 8100 Samsung panels 14.1 inch!  is there any evidence on which!  Naturallyl, replacing a inverter is much easier (I think) but if backlight is most likely on this model, facing facts or probability is better! 

I am fairly sure the panel is ok so it would be only the circuit portion of the inverter which supplied the Bulb power that is bad or it is the Bulb!

External monitor fine; switch from external to lcd is ok; lcd screen faint but readable under ideal lighting!

For the present, I will assume the motherboard is ok!

Comments and suggestions appreciated!

No Responses!
No Events found!