Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2013 17:00

alps touchpad erratic and unresponsive at times Dell Inspiron N5110

The touchpad on my Dell Inspiron N5110 is behaving strangely sometimes: suddenly it becomes unresponsive, cursor moves, but very hard, and after some time it just comes back to normal state.

I'm unsure whether this is the driver problem or a hardware problem. I'm using Windows 7 Professional x64.

My driver is up to date, it was downloaded from official site, but however I can't get my touchpad to work correctly consistently.

I have seen the same problem reported elsewhere with no fix as yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1.8K Posts

February 11th, 2013 08:00

Hi ozzy20,

You may uninstall touchpad driver from "Device Manager" and re-install it by following the steps below:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Mice and other pointing devices”, you will find the touchpad driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system 
  • Click on the below link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA 
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • Go to “Input” and click on the touchpad driver available.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the touchpad driver on your desktop.
  • Once the touchpad driver is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Once done, you may try changing the touchpad settings by clicking the touchpad icon in notification area.

Please share the findings. 

No Events found!