Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2017 08:00

bad xps 13 delivery

Hi !
I try with a new Post, since i can not find the one i did 3 hours ago.
I have a new XPS 9360 and many hings is not working:
I got Bitlocker installed half ways on my Win 10 Home Edition and it is impossible to finish installation.
Its impossible to make an support request  with SupportAssist since this error :"Ett oväntat fel inträffade när kontaktinformationen skulle uppdateras"

Same problem if you want to register your product.
I can not download thissince link is broken:

I can not use "Dell Digital Delivery" since error message " No internet Connection".  I do have internet :) There is a fix for this, that download latest Dell Digital Delivery, but i cannot install it since newer version installed.

I was googling and found a revover software from Dell, and installed and run. After install i had no drivers installed, and no software except win 10. I installed drivers and Dell softwares but it is still impossible to Register and make support requests in SupportAssist, and still no internet in DDD.

Recovery partition is gone and seems to be impossible to get back.

I have put 30 hours on this computer, and it is still not working. 
Do you all have the same problems ?

Or have Dell delivered some poor things to me ?
Best Regards

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2017 09:00

Bitlocker requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.  It isn't supported in the standard edition of Windows 10.

If you want Bitlocker, you'll need to buy the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro -- once that's done, download the Pro ISO from Microsoft and load the OS onto the system.

www.microsoft.com/.../windows10

12 Posts

November 19th, 2017 09:00

Yes its really crazy, it was installed on my delivered xps13 and the installation was not completed. I think they have added wrong image in my Dell XPS 13 , and there was lots of other dell software that was not working. DDD, SupportAssist, Dell Recovery was some of them. So my question : do you all have the same problems ? This Will not be and problem for me since i have made decision to synd it back.  This Dell i have had just 1 - 2 weeks . And why is it so hard to send a link with a proper image so i get all partitions and can make a proper installation myself ? I am an it technician since 20 years.

12 Posts

November 19th, 2017 10:00

Thanks for reply. Bitsocker should not be used on home edition,  and my dell applikations is not working.  My iPad is changing my spelling also. But i was told to complete bitlocker installation with Microsoft account, and i was ligger in with that. I am pretty sure my computer had avsked for a bitlocker key IF i changed TPM in bios ? Was your dell applikations working ?

12 Posts

And i have been working with Dell at Volvo for 15 years, but i have never had Andy problems, but my first private buy was not a good experience. I was emailing 1 week ago ...........

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

My 9365 came with the OS partition Bitlocked.  It was like a safeguard to make sure the system was activated.

All I had to do was activate Windows and then perhaps be on a Microsoft account and turn off bitlocker.  I don't really understand your comment about Bitlocker being installed but possibly that process corrupted your system.  My system was the Pro version but a new system may be capable of being Bitlocked even if it isn't the Pro version, not really sure.

12 Posts

November 19th, 2017 11:00

Yes, but your system is PRO. As Microsoft state, BITLOCKER is not possible to use on HOME edition.  That is the differense, and that is why Bitlocker and my XPS 13 is totally messed up. I personally think dell technician was drunk when installed my PC.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 19th, 2017 11:00

My system is working fine.  I did a clean install of Win 10 and the OS partition was Bitlocked again...

If it asks for a Recovery Key, those may be online in your account.  If you check the BCD Store you may see an entry related to a Recovery Key link but it is probably on Onedrive.live.com\recoverykey

No Events found!