Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2014 01:00

bios password

Hello all,

I work in a company selling used computer equipment. I just made good deal from big supplier with notebooks dell. I have an invoice for all notebooks. All DELL notebooks have password on the bios. The model is DELL E6410 and I have more than 50 pcs. They are out of warranty. I contacted dell in my country but they did not help me. I hope that i will find understanding here and someone will help me as so many notebooks with password is too big problem for me. Please help me.

Best Regards:
Kalin

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 16th, 2014 03:00

Contact the seller and insist that person remove the password(s) - if they can't or won't, cancel the sale and obtain a refund.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 16th, 2014 04:00

Wherever they were purchased, if the seller cannot transfer the ownership to you or remove the password, you will be purchasing a new mainboard for each system that's locked with an unknown password.

2 Posts

or quit buying stolen notebook?

2 Posts

Nobody will give you import invoice for stolen notebooks. Please think before you write something.

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

November 30th, 2016 12:00

I have a Dell laptop from one day to the next it appeared with a problem, without having exchanged any parts.

As soon as it is turned on it prompts for password and displays Service TAG B6NV9X1 and does not continue.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 30th, 2016 12:00

If you're 100% certain you did not set a password, and no one else did -- i.e., no one else had access to the system, it's a mainboard failure -- replace the system board.

38 Posts

November 30th, 2016 19:00

You might try resetting the BIOS to original factory state to clear the BIOS password. Following is a link to the Dell KB article describing the process. Click on the notebook tab for the proper instructions.

www.dell.com/.../en

No Events found!