Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2013 21:00

can is possible downgrade the Bios

Hi there...i have issues with the fan in bios A07 when i put out this stop work and when i perform a dell siagnostic this only run in a custumize test fan and stop working after that so i upgrade the Bios to A17 and when i perform the test in A17 this works in the cpu test and if i exit the test this still works but if i shutdown the notebook and start up again this not spin but in a few minutes after the start up this spin and shut off again ..In the A07 the fan never stop work and i like this way because i live in a very hot city in Puerto Rico and if this can possible to downgrade to A08 or something like that? and how i need to do it?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

October 21st, 2013 03:00

Hi batista31

Generally, Dell does not recommend downgrading the system BIOS. Please let me know if the system is overheating? Try cleaning the air vents using the can of compressed air. In addition try running the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed; please refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/162eS7m

You can also run the hardware diagnostics by pressing the Fn + power.Let us know if there is any error code listed. Also connect an external cooling pad in the system.

No Events found!