Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2013 11:00

charger light get dims and battery not charging

Hi

I brought a dell laptop(inspiron 15 r  5521) few days back. when I was working in the machine I disconnected the charger for some time and reconnected the charger but the as soon as I connected the charger the charger light got dimmed. And there was no charging I called the support team and they made me do the following steps.

1.shutdown the system

2. take out the battery

3.hold down the power up button on the laptop for between 20-30 seconds

4.replace the battery

5.and then connect the charger

it worked like a charm and every thing got fixed but the same problem appeared and I have to perform the same steps to fix the charging problem .

is there a permanent solution to this?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 6th, 2013 11:00

Contact the support staff again.A new computer should not have problems like this.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

July 7th, 2013 03:00

Hi debjoyroy,

I sincerely apologize for the technical troubles you have experienced with your Dell computer.

Disconnect the adapter from the computer. Connect the adapter to the wall jack and check the status of LED on the adapter.

Also, check with a known good adapter.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

12 Posts

July 15th, 2013 09:00

hi,

I mailed the exact problem that if i connect the charger before turning on the laptop it is working fine but if i connect the charger after turning on the laptop the charger  is not working. They replied that this is normal and and if i have to connect the charger i have to shut down the machine because of the reverse current stored in the laptop . I am not satisfied with the answer please reply me ..

Thanks in advance.

No Events found!