Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2013 13:00

cirrus audio error

Hello all,

I have a Dell I15 3520 running windows 8 x64. I have been trying to resolve this error for days now. I have updated audio drivers, rolled them back, uninstalled / reinstalled and still get this error everyday on bootup. I dont have any noticeable issues with my sounds, it's just unsettling having this in my event viewer...any thoughts?

Log Name: Application
Source: CirrusAudioService
Date: 3/25/2013 6:27:55 AM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: scottie
Description:
Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CirrusLogicSquared.LogicSquared' from assembly 'LogicSquared, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at CirrusService.ServiceContractImpl..ctor()
at CirrusService.CirrusService.CreateServiceHost()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
scottie

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'CirrusLogicSquared.LogicSquared' from assembly 'LogicSquared, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at CirrusService.ServiceContractImpl..ctor()
at CirrusService.CirrusService.CreateServiceHost()
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 26th, 2013 14:00

I referred the user to this Dell support forum.  I tried some things on the Windows 8 forum but nothing helped.  

Jack

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 27th, 2013 06:00

Hello,just want to let you know that we are aware of your question and not ignoring it, but I for one have not seen this problem before, and I have not been able to get any traction on it by googling. Cirrus Logic is a very rare codec used on the Dell laptops so we hardly get any posts about it at all, and none about this service failing to load. Will keep thinking about it.

Fireberd -- it's good to see you again on the "users helping users forum", as you say.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 27th, 2013 06:00

Jim, thanks for posting on this.  I was hoping you would jump in on this.  

I don't get on here much anymore.  I no longer have an Dell's (along with other reasons).  All my desktops are now one that I built myself.

Jack

8 Posts

March 27th, 2013 07:00

Thank you very much for your reply. I have yahoo'd and google'd this error every different way i can think of and can't come up with anything either.  Any help is greatly appreciated. hope to hear from you soon

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 31st, 2013 06:00

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for sharing.

8 Posts

March 31st, 2013 06:00

I have solved the problem. Cirrus audio service was set as 'automatic' start up...I changed it to delayed auto start and problem solve. I have no idea how or why it was set that way, but it works fine on delayed start and the error is gone. thank you again for your time and efforts. I have 2 other errors I will be looking for help with, but I will post those in the appropriate forums. Hopefully, you'll have suggestions of those as well

No Events found!