Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2015 01:00

compliant with audio port

hi guys

i have dell latitude e7440.recently i changed the os to windows8.the problem is while i plug my headset its not working :emotion-7: . it worked with windows7..can anyone help me with this! i like too keep wind8 thats y :emotion-2:

1.2K Posts

May 28th, 2015 05:00

Good day !

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

After upgrading to windows 8 the system by defaults loads and installs the audio driver.However in your case I would ask you to confirm if the issue is while using any particular media player .Also I would request you to confirm if the issue is seen while using headphones or were you able to hear the audio from external and internal speakers ,here we are trying to eliminate if its software or hardware issue .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kind Regards,

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 28th, 2015 06:00

i have dell latitude e7440.recently i changed the os to windows8.the problem is while i plug my headset its not working :emotion-7: . it worked with windows7..can anyone help me with this!

Hello. Here is another thread where someone had a problem getting the headphone jack to work on a Latitude E7440 with Windows 8.1.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/p/19630837/20761699#20761699

That thread has instructions for testing the jack by comparing the Realtek audio driver with the Windows native audio driver. The instructions assume that you have already downloaded and installed the Realtek audio driver. If you have not yet done so, you can get it by ...

Go to the Latitude E7440 support page. Click on the small blue "Change OS" arrow and select your operating system. Then expand the Audio category and obtain the driver there.

After the driver is installed you can follow the instructions in the other thread to compare drivers. The point of the test is that since both the Realtek driver and the native driver are very unlikely to have the same bug at the same time, if you have the same issue with both drivers then it is most probably not the fault of the drivers and so is a Windows or a hardware problem.

Note: Jennifer K's post says "After upgrading to windows 8 the system by defaults loads and installs the audio driver." Windows only automatically loads the native driver. You have to download the Realtek driver yourself.

No Events found!