Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

U

4 Posts

April 5th, 2005 03:00

computer not entering bios setup

i have inspiron 1100.....well actually, i inserted bootable Mandrake 10.1 Linux...i have installed it before......but this time.As, it prompted the first screen, after bootin from cd....my computer restarted without any reason or pushin of a button...and since then my computer is not bootin from any bootable cd....and it is also not entering bios setup....and i have double checked my cd and F2 key boot are workin absolutely fine....plz, if any one has any idea reply me back..asap...

7.9K Posts

April 5th, 2005 21:00

what bios revision do you have?   if it's below A22, it's a common problem and you will need to use a CD to flash to A22.  Once you have the bootable CD with A22 flash utility, remove the HD to force a boot to the CD with A22 on it.  Once that is done, you should be able to enter the bios again.

If your bios is passworded, you maybe looking at a motherboard replacement

If your bios is A22 or higher, then I have no solutions

4 Posts

April 6th, 2005 14:00

i have already tried tht....when i remove the hard drive, my system detects nothin.....well infact u can say, till windows is not completely loaded..my cd rom, and USB does not exist for my system...right now my bios is A06

7.9K Posts

April 6th, 2005 15:00

umm ...    last ditch option:

change the amount of ram and the bios should give you a prompt asking if you want to enter setup.  if it works, change the boot order to CD first and flash the bios to A22

4 Posts

yes

7.9K Posts

so you've tried placing a bootable CD in the drive and starting the system with the hard drive removed?

4 Posts

well ....recently(last week) i upgraded my 256 chip with 512......as i was removin, last day, my hard drive i also changed the chip back...nothin help full happened ....as far as cd rom 1st boot is conserned, it is for sure it was CD first....
No Events found!