Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 25th, 2016 12:00

dell Studio1558 Black screen, Monitor proplem Msg: Error code 2000-0321. Msg: Unable to detect LCD

Problem: computer won't start, black screen, everything else is running.

LCD Bist test (d+power) works just fine. Then again black screen.

I connected external LCD (pressed fn+f8 on start up) and was able to see the windows logo then blue screen announced that video driver crashed.

System test (fn+power) Gives Monitor problem Msg: Error code 2000-0321. Msg: Unable to detect LCD. Finally I was able to start windows after I uninstalled ati video drivers. The red vertical lines appeared.

Tried installing multiple times different video drivers with the same result: blue screen- video driver failed.

Once windows starts normally on the laptop screen with standart video drivers. After restarting the system I have to use external lcd again.

I will appreciate any advise or suggestion. Thx

Dell studio 1558

Intel i5 m450

Ati Radeon hd 5470

500 gb Samsung

Bios a12

Gpu cpu temperature is normal

9 Posts

January 25th, 2016 12:00

The problem started about 3 weeks ago as a continuous video driver failure ( blue screen, stikmpag.sys, dxgkrnl.sys ,dxgmms1.sys) and then escalated to the black screen.

Today I repeated LCD test (d+ Power). The laptop screen went through the series of collar screens and went black again. I was forced to restart it by pressing power button.

I am able to start and use windows on the external LCD monitor with standard VGA video driver ( with vertical lines). The laptop could be started in the safemode with external LCD attached.

I have win 7 sp1 64 bit. All important windows updates were recently installed. Should I install any optional updates? If yes, which one?

Am I experiencing hardware or software problem?

Any advise pls

Regards

No Events found!