Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 29th, 2013 01:00

dell inspiron 14z not turning on!

i bought a dell inspiron 14z 5423 a two month ago, today morning i'm press the power button and nothing! no reaction no sound!

when the ac adapter on, no light on the dell. but on the adapter green light. what the problem?

p.s its ultrabook and i can not eject the battery.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

September 29th, 2013 02:00

Hi Oren1033,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I request you to disconnect the Ac adapter and reset the system. To reset, use a paper click or safety pin to reset the system by inserting the pointed end into the reset hole underneath the notebook. Refer to the picture below:

NOTE: Resetting the system causes unsaved data to be lost. The reset option will not reset the notebook or operating system to factory settings. Pressing the reset button switches the system off.

If the issue persists even after reset, check if the system launches and runs diagnostics on the hardware components of the system. Press and hold the Fn key and power on the computer. Also refer to the following link for assistance.
http://dell.to/16KQ3r0

Reply to this post with the status.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

September 30th, 2013 08:00

Hi Oren1033,

This process will discharge residual power remained in the capacitors. Since the battery is a field replaceable unit, this reset button performs the same step of discharging the residual charge.

2 Posts

September 29th, 2013 12:00

its work!! How? What the problem?

The diagnostic: no problem have been found

Thank you very much!

Can you explain please why it's happened?

1 Message

January 14th, 2014 21:00

Thank you for your posting. This fix also worked for me. As a tech the first thing I would do with a non booting laptop is take out the battery. With that option not available on the 14z this is the first time I have seen a reset button. 

2 Posts

February 4th, 2014 04:00

I have a dell inspiron 14z. The system just went blank, the power  and battery lights are on but the screen is blank . I have pressed the power button several times to reboot,  but its not restarting. the hard disk light is also not blinking.

please help.

September 15th, 2014 23:00

I had the similar problem and resetting REALLY WORKED FOR ME! I was really disappointed as there was no life indication on the laptop. Thank you sooooooooo much!! :emotion-2::emotion-2::emotion-2:

January 27th, 2015 08:00

You are a life saver

3 Posts

April 16th, 2015 22:00

Hi I have same issue with dell Inspiron 14z n411z. I don't find reset hole. How can I do that. Thanks

Soma

3 Posts

April 17th, 2015 08:00

Hi I have same issue with dell Inspiron 14z n411z.It is not power on or no lights on. Seems like it is dead. I don't find reset hole. How can I do that. I badly need in help.

Thanks

Soma

1 Message

May 28th, 2015 06:00

Thank you, Sujatha! I hope you're still with Dell. You are most helpful!!!

1 Message

July 28th, 2015 07:00

i tried charging inspiron 14z it refused to charge, then the battery went off and the laptop refused to boot, i need solution asap pls............

1 Message

January 9th, 2016 21:00

This did helped in resolving my problem as well.

I called dell technical support and they asked $269+tax to replace the motherboard. I am not sure why they can't think of alternative solutions like this. I am glad that I saw this post.

Thanks again

_Singh

1 Message

August 31st, 2016 05:00

Hey i have dell inspiron 14z. It was on standby, when i pressed the power button it died. Didnt even wake up with long pressing of power button. Then it started on fn+power button. Now the problem is my lapyop only turns on with fn+power and also the shift key is not working. I tried the rest button and cmd powercfg on and off but nothing works! Please do help

No Events found!