Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2015 17:00

dell inspiron 15

My dell inspiron 15 doesn't bot when i turn it on. The LED light comes on but there's a blank screen for some time. After almost an hour or two (sometimes overnight) it shows me no boot devices found and tells me to press any key. It then starts booting and also shows no media found. I have gone online to check for result but I've not seen anyone's situation that is exactly the same as mine. it's either the laptop doesn't come on at all or it doesn't boot at all. Is mine int the early stags of this problem and how can i fix it?

9.4K Posts

July 10th, 2015 10:00

Hi Magiwise,

Thanks for posting!

From your description, it sounds like the hard drive has failed.  There could also be a motherboard issue as well.  If you are under warranty, please call Tech Support for further troubleshooting over the phone and possible repair.  If you are not under warranty, then you could take it to a local computer shop for repairs unless you wanted to do it yourself.  Start by replacing the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system with the disks you created when you first got the computer.

Post back here if you need additional assistance.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!