Hi,I was performing a BIOS update on Dell Inspiron N5110 to Latest bios version, when the laptop became inactive plus the fan started to run at full speed. i could not even switch off the machine by pressing the power button. At the end i had to pull out AC cord and battery.Now its dead
(No activity at all). how can i restore bios???
dell inspiron N5110
Please refrain from posting your personal or system information on open Forum.
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below
1. Switch off the computer.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the wall.
3. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
4. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch ON the system
If you are able to turn on the system. Please try to run diagnostics.
Please reply with your findings.
Did the BIOS update complete, or did it fail (or freeze, meaning you had to power the system off before receiving a "successful completion" message?
the update stopped and freeze and i had to pull of the batery after long time, and now when i press power nothing happen just turn little time without any display, screen dead, i tried to force recovery with flah pen cd nothing boot and no display, the screen always off
You have two options:
Contact a shop that can unsolder the BIOS chip, flash it externally and resolder it, or
Replace the mainboard with a new one.
If you can replace a board yourself, it's likely to cost about the same - $150-200 -- for either option. If you have to pay to have a board replaced, sending the system off for a chip reflash will likely be the cheaper option - $150-200 vs. that plus another $100 or so to have the board replaced.
That only works in a very few cases - from the sound of it, your system is dead enough that there's no way to get it to recognize anything - meaning an external flash or board replacement is needed.
Solution fo recovery bios Dell N5110
1. Download the latest firmware from the Dell support
2. Save the exe and create a shortcut with the following parameter: " /writehdrfile"
3. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.hdr file rename the file to N5110.hdr
4. Create a shortcut exe file with the following parameter: " /writeromfile"
5. Start the created shortcut and it will create a n5110a11.rom file rename the file to DQ15A11.rom
6. Copy both file "N5110.hdr" and "DQ15A11.rom" to a FAT formatted pendrive's root folder
7. Remove the charger and Battery from the laptop
8. Plug In the pendrive
9. Press & hold END
10. Connect the charger (still hold END)
11. The notebook starts automatically and shows the recovery screen
12. Press enter and wait until finish the flashing
13. Press esc to restart
14. Hopefully problem solved