Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2013 18:00

dell inspiron n5110 hangs after bios update

hi,

I have  a dell inspiron 15r n5110 and i m using windows 8, i recently updated my bios from A09 to A11,after that my laptop hangs on regular intervals,

but it was working fine with A09 version,

i tried to roll back to A09 from A11,but during the flash it says dell doesnt recommend installing older version and say press ok to exit

please help me out, i want to roll back to A09

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 14th, 2013 06:00

Hi zamuy,

Once you upgrade the BIOS,it is not possible to downgrade. However, since the system is hanging frequently you can go ahead and run the PSA hardware diagnostics. Follow the steps below.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess flea power and run the test. Please run the PSA hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed. Follow the steps below.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics.

If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please do reply for further assistance.

2 Posts

January 15th, 2013 21:00

thank u mr.senthil. I ran the diagnostics.  It didnt show any error. I installed a patch fix from microsoft and updated my windows. Now the hanging probelm is resolved.Thanks anyway

4 Posts

January 21st, 2013 02:00

hello zamuy i have the same prblm . can u give me link of  patch fix ??  my email :-

1 Message

January 27th, 2013 11:00

from where  I can find that patch fix.

March 3rd, 2013 07:00

please give the link for the patch

2 Posts

March 26th, 2013 10:00

Dear Zamuy

was ur windows 8 genune and how can we get the windows patch fix from microsoft or it is only for the genune windows user only. I am planning to instal windows 8 with bios update A11 but i am afraid that system will hang randomly as mentioned by some user of n5110 in blogs. So please guide me .I will be waiting for ur views about this problem and its solution. Thank you

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 07:00

Had the same problem after upgrading to A11 BIOS - Win32K.sys BSOD whenever I browse the internet.

*FIX:

Uninstall all your network devices and reboot

No Events found!