Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 23rd, 2017 05:00

dell latitude E5440 dark screen?

okay randomly when i let me laptop go in sleepmode ,when i came to wake it up ,the screen was very dark ,when i put it back in sleep mode ,and took the battery out again ,and it came back to normal ,and it was slow as well but fast now again ,the reason i asked because  i will be selling this and getting a macbook air ,need a new laptop ,dislike windows 10 ,find it hard to use ,and a downgrade compare to windows 7, shouild i mention this in the listing and just list for parts only? Thanks! 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2017 07:00

I'd suggest a clean install of Windows 7 and all drivers, if that's what you want.  It doesn't sound like a hardware issue.

You may want to seriously reconsider the Air -- a Macbook Pro might be a suitable replacement for your system, but the Air is a tablet with a keyboard - it's not the workhorse your current system (or the Pro) is.  The Air is also a dying lineup - it hasn't been updated much in several years (the CPU is three generations out of date).

1 Rookie

• 

54 Posts

November 23rd, 2017 10:00

i did a clean install of windows ,and all set to go but does the new macbook pro still have the usb ports ? also i can't afford the a lot but my parents are paying half for the macbook air

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2017 11:00

Apple has gone to USB-C/Thunderbolt, so an adapter is required for standard USB.

The Air is an older design and still has two standard USB 3.0 ports.

With any Macbook, carefully consider the cost of repairs when buying - EVERYTHING, including the storage drive and memory is aboard the mainboard/main logic board, so just about any conceivable repair inside means a mainboard replacement - which on a Macbook/Air/etc. will cost upward or over $1K.  

No Events found!