Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2012 10:00

dell latitude e5520 , Service Tag:

Dear all

I own a brand new Dell latitde E5520 Core i3

In this model of laptop I noticed that the fan will not start until the temperature reaches a value of about 60 + degrees celsius. During up to 60 degrees Celsius fan speed are at 0 rpm and after the temperature exceeds a certain limit of turns the fan with about 3300-3400 rpm. Their disadvantage is that it is quite noisy and the fan starts almost every 2 minutes even though the processor is not loaded.

The problem is tackled at the bios version A05, after upgrading the BIOS to A07 shows that the problem is still present.

Do you have a beta bios that keeps fan running at approximately 1000 rpm so that the fan does not start for a short period of time and causes the irritating sound when the fan rotates at 3300 rpm

Any help with this problem with the fan noise is a welcome

7 Posts

August 21st, 2012 16:00

I'm having a similar issue on 3 in this batch of 12 e5520 i7s, except the fan cycles continuously every few seconds.  It is extremely annoying.  Upgrading to BIOS A08, released on 8/13, did not fix the issue.

2 Posts

August 21st, 2012 23:00

Welcome to the club, in the manual is written that the fan noise is normal... so.... we must have to wait for a new BIOS that will have a gradual temperature tables...

No Events found!