Highlighted
2 Bronze

dell studio 1558 motherboard replacement

Jump to solution

I have studio 1558 corei5 with cgy2y motherboard is it possible to replace it with 4dknr model ? 

Will it support my processor ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
DellEMC

Re: dell studio 1558 motherboard replacement

Jump to solution

Hi Nirmit1105,

I have checked the specifications. 4DKNR motherboard should work with your system.
Here is the service manual for Studio 1558 system http://bit.ly/12LCtRU 

Note: Before removing the parts, please ensure that all peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) are disconnected; battery is removed and AC Adaptor is unplugged from the computer.

Hope this information helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 Argentum

RE: dell studio 1558 motherboard replacement

Jump to solution

As far as Studio 1558 is concerned, the production of parts have been stopped. Hence, if the laptop is under extended warranty, Dell will replace the laptop by generating a credit note and the customer can purchase a new model with that. If the laptop is not under warranty, new laptop is the solution.

Balaji Kundalam

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Highlighted
DellEMC

Jump to solution

Hi Nirmit1105,

I have checked the specifications. 4DKNR motherboard should work with your system.
Here is the service manual for Studio 1558 system http://bit.ly/12LCtRU 

Note: Before removing the parts, please ensure that all peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) are disconnected; battery is removed and AC Adaptor is unplugged from the computer.

Hope this information helps.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Well first of all thanks for answer it helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DellEMC

Jump to solution

Hi Nirmit1105,

Thank you for the response. Glad that you fund the information useful. The service manual document provides detailed instructions and should be handy for part replacement/upgrade.

Do reach out in case you need any further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi there, I have dell studio 1558 laptop ( i3 proccesor, 3gb ram, ati raedon card, 320 harddisk), and its CMOs battery clip on +ve side got detached from mother board , despite shouldering once, its not fixing the problem,  I asked dell regarding this, they told me to change the mother board itself, which is not available in stock yet. In case if am buying the motherboard online, can you suggest me its price and model that will be compatible to my laptop. Currently is having DELL 0NJ WJR motherboard.  Am also looking for dell warrenty.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I think same cgy2y or 4dknr would work try getting it from aliexpress but build quality wont be good . Other option is parts people its kind of oofficial part supplier they deliver world wide 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can someone please let me know where I could buy the mother board for 1558.Mine is the one with ATI card in it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

There's a official dell parts supplier in USA I don't remember thale name but Google it u will find em they supply world wide. For me their shipping charge to Europe was too much. I.e. more than what I want to spend on almost 6 year old laptop so I went on to Alibaba found a Chinese supplier prayed a Chinese god and placed the order. It works perfectly for more than a year but I don't recommend that way except economical reason coz I have had bad experiences in past

So I think this solves most of your concerns.

PS order any one  for 1558 it will work just check your CPU compatibility. And as Chinese guy did not have 512 mob graphic one which I ordered he sent me with 1gb in same price (without informing me about change of course)

Psur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

My Laptop is Dell Studio 1558.
My Graphic card is burnt, so the engineer asked me to replace the mother board. I am in South India (Coimbatore).
I could not get the mother board here.

Please let me know where can I get the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Hi Senthil.R,

Contact to chennai authorized service center. i will share the details of our dell service center details.

0 Kudos