Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2009 15:00

e1705 internal sd card not recognized

Hoperfully somebody can help me out, I am completely out of ideas.

I have an E1705 and am running Vista Home Premium. There are two issues and are most likely related.

1) My internal xD card reader keeps asking me to format a card even though nothing is inserted in there, and to be quite honest I can't even remember the last time I used an xD card.

I have tried uninstalling the device/driver and reinstalling using the most recent as well as even older drivers with no luck.

2) Secondly, when i DO insert a card in there (an SD card), it isn't recognized whatsoever. No auto-prompts come up, nothing is visible in My Computer or Disk Manager.

Like above, I have tried uninstalling the device/driver and reinstalling using the most recent as well as even older drivers with no luck again.  I have also done all of the above with clean installs of both Vista and XP and it keeps persisting.

I'm not sure if this is hardware failure or not, not even sure if there is a diag to test for it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

December 8th, 2009 22:00

First, the internal xD card reader keeps asking you to format a card. From my experence, your computer maybe catch a virus. So, you can scan your laptop.. If not, you can also check the hub of the internal card reader sd xd cf .  You konw, maybe there is some problem with the connection,

No Events found!