Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2014 21:00

extended battery life options

What should be enabled in windows 8.1 battery page, should enable dell extended battery life be enabled ? Thanks, Sandra Davis

615 Posts

March 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi Sandra,

In General when you're "extending battery life" or "saving power" ...using less electricity....performance invariably is first on the chopping block. It's good to set your power saver settings as you need them. For example if I'm getting on a plane, I don't bother since there's AC power available at the seat. HOWEVER if I'm stuck on a shuttle van for 3 hours because I landed in LA at 3:30pm....yep...power savers are us! Extending battery life typically is best when you need it most and can spare the performance. If you're just going to be checking mail or doing some light surfing you can live without the power required to ramp up processor and graphics for heavy loads. Conversely, if you're going to be rendering graphics using processor intensive applications like CAD or Photoshop it's recommended that you set your power options and battery apps to perform just as fast as you can let them, otherwise you'll be using the computer for longer...but only getting the same amount of work done. 

No Events found!