Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2013 12:00

external battery question for Dell Latitude.

Thinking of purchasing this product just a couple of questions.
Where would the slice battery be attached on the laptop(Dell Latitude E5530)Does any piece of hardware have to be remove prior?
Can both the primary & slice be used together during a laptop session, 
or should the slice be removed and used only when the primary is recharging?
How does the laptop prioritized the primary & slice usage(if both are in together)?

Is there a separate charger available by dell for the slice battery?

Are there any TSA restrictions having your slice battery checked-in with your other items?

Thanks.
TC.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

February 18th, 2013 03:00

Hi tomx2,

• The Slice Battery can be connected to the base port of the laptop known as “Docking Port”. Please check this link to locate the Docking port: http://bit.ly/WWD4OS
  • After the primary battery gets drained, the system uses the secondary battery (Slice Battery).
  • Yes, both the primary and secondary battery can be charged simultaneously. The system uses primary battery charge initially and as the charge in the primary battery is drained out the system automatically switches to the secondary battery.
  • Here is the part # K260C for the cable, part# JU012 for the Ac adapter, and part# UJ499/JX87H for the slice battery, you can contact dell spares to purchase, please refer this link: http://dell.to/W9eQRg

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Kindly reply for any further help.

May 14th, 2013 13:00

I have a DELL LATITUDE E4310.
service tag- <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

How can I add Battery 2 in my laptop ? which port can I use can you show me photo ?

2K Posts

May 14th, 2013 14:00

Hi bithy20042000,

Dell Latitude E4310 has the option of an 84 WHr battery slice. This in conjunction with the standard battery which provides extended battery life.The battery slice charges whenever it is attached to the system and the system is attached to an electrical outlet through the AC adapter. It can also be charged when it is detached from the system using a compatible AC adapter. Just connect an AC adapter to the AC adapter connector on the battery slice and to an electrical outlet.

You may follow the below steps to check how the battery slice is attached:

1. While holding the system at a 30-degree angle to the battery slice, set the slots on the bottom of the system onto the battery slice hooks and then lower the back of the system onto the battery slice. The system docking connector should engage the battery slice docking connector.

2. Press the system onto the battery slice until you feel a click to indicate that the system is firmly seated.

3. Turn on the system.

You may also refer the manual provided in the above post which might help.

If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.

No Events found!