Highlighted
hill79
1 Nickel

graphics problems with Windows 7 64bit and Intel 4500mhd

I recently upgraded my Studio 1737 to Windows 7, 64bit.  Since doing so I have updated my drivers to the latest available from Dell, however I'm having horrible problems with my graphics.

I've attached two images in the hopes that someone will be able to tell me whats causing these problems.

Thanks

0 Kudos
128 Replies
hill79
1 Nickel

Re: graphics problems with Windows 7 64bit and Intel 4500mhd

the second image

0 Kudos

hill79,

Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forums.  What type of graphics controller does your system have (i.e., ATI or Intel)?  Also, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps to try to resolve your graphics problems?

0 Kudos

X( Never mind, noticed it in your original post.  But my second question still stands.  emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos

hill79,

One other question:  What is the specific version number of the driver you installed?  Intel has a Windows 7 64-bit driver on their site for this controller (available here), but before recommending it, I want to make sure I'm not having you install something you already tried.  The version on Intel's site is 15.15.6.64.1892.

0 Kudos
hill79
1 Nickel

I initially installed the driver available on the Dell support site but the problem was still there.  I then tried things like deactivating Aero and transparency, but to no effect.

Next I downloaded the drivers you mention from the Intel site, installing them using the 'have disc' method, still with no success.

The issue tends to go away if I refresh the screen or sometimes if I minimise then maximise the window, but it'll suddenly come back again with no warning and seemingly no reason.

Thanks for the replys so far 🙂

0 Kudos

hill79,

Thanks for the update.  A couple of other questions:

1. Have you tried running the system in VGA Mode temporarily to see if the problem occurs there? 
  2. Have you tried changing the DPI setting in the display driver (e.g., from 96 to 120, or vice versa)?

0 Kudos
hill79
1 Nickel

I've just tried setting the system to 120dpi (it was set to 96dpi) with no favourable results

How would I set the system to VGA mode?

Thanks

0 Kudos

hill79,

You should be able to boot to VGA Mode by pressing the F8 key during startup and selecting "Enable VGA Mode" from the Windows Advanced Options menu.

0 Kudos
hill79
1 Nickel

Thanks, I'll try that at next reboot and get back to you

0 Kudos