Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2015 20:00

how do I enable the wifi catcther and what software is needed and how to get lights to turn on the keyboard latitude 6400

I need discrete steps on how to get the wifi catcher to turn on. im not talking about switch on the side. the side switch turns wlan wifi on and off. is there other software I need to install? I see a setting in bios says wifi catcher but still cant get lights to show that catcher is on, is there an issue with this laptop? any help will do.

May 15th, 2015 22:00

The 7th one is the wifi catcher which should lit if there are any networks. So you meant this light doenst turn on at all ??

Regards

42 Posts

TOP INDICATOR LIGHTS DONT LIGHT next to wifi and when I push in catcher only light s lite up and flash when I push it in and I didn't know it suppose to light up on the side which I cant see when laptop is on lap.

42 Posts

no lights will light up on keyboard indicators and no matter what I do, isn't it suppose to show signal and whats difference between my wifi and the catcher. I looked in dell control point and bios is set yet I have no clue what difference it makes when I cant see a gui or any lights that say signals or anything. it seems worthless.

42 Posts

what suppose to light up and when? theres icons atop left top keyboard shows signal next to one says wifi and I see no lit lights and side button when pressed don't light up even with all done right.

Hi, 

Please try updating the Dell quickset. 

The wifi field option in bios, lets you enable or disable the Wi-Fi Catcher™ feature. If this setting is set to Disabled, the Wi-Fi Catcher request position on the wireless switch will be ignored. If this setting is set to Enabled, the Wi-Fi catcher switch is enabled and will use the previously configured options. If Reset to Basic Mode is selected the Wi-Fi Catcher options will be written such that the Wi-Fi Catcher will search for any available network and the Wi-Fi catcher will be set to Enabled. The QuickSet application should be used to configure and view the Wi-Fi catcher advanced options.

Regards

42 Posts

May 16th, 2015 21:00

forget it...found out my brother died tonight after hitting a tree in md. he was 56 and mike was his name.

May 16th, 2015 21:00

Hi, 

Did you update the quickset as suggested yesterday?

Send us the screenshot of which lights you are referring to.

The wifi catcher led on the right side will just flash once when the network is available.

The wifi led will be on all the time, if the wifi switch is on.

Regards

No Events found!