Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2013 03:00

how to completly reinstall Dell XPS L702X laptop

As result of completly frozen laptop when trying to copy a very large file (~17GB) - a georeferenced raster image - to an external HDD (connected to USB 3.0 port), I had no other choice than to shutdown. After reboot, I discoverd that some Windows services are not working and boot time is over 20 minutes.

I went to the IT store from which I bought the laptop ( the 2 years warranty is available till november this year) and they reinstalled the system. Of course, they did not reinstalled all Dell system applications.

So, because the end of warranty is close, I want to know which are the steps for completly (fresh) reinstall of Dell XPS L702X laptop (windows, driver and Dell applications). I always reinstalled 5 times my desktop ( Win XP Pro) with no errors encountered so I think I might have some skills.

And another question : after this problem, I discovered over the Internet that is a "Reinstallation DVD DELL XPS 17 L702x 6.1 Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 X64" that I did not find in laptop case when I bought it (only drivers CD was in the case). In fact it was a 15" case, not the origina 17" case....what can I say.... Romania......So, I have this driver CD and Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 DVD. Is is enough for clean and complete reinstallation? What are the steps ?

Thank you for your time.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 5th, 2013 04:00

My guide explains the process in alot more detail than the official Dell documentation. See Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related wikies/A Clean install of Windows 7:

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 5th, 2013 04:00

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 5th, 2013 10:00

Its actually pretty easy to do yourself.

3 Posts

March 5th, 2013 10:00

Thanks. Now I have a choice : I search for an other Dell Service or make myself all the work. Frankly, I don't konw... I'll give some calls tomorrow and..God help me!

No Events found!