Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2015 03:00

how to replace a non backlit with a backlit keyboard on dell i5447 8750slv

i ordered a Dell i5447 8750slv and thought it had a backlit keyboard but unfortunatelly it hasnt! can i replace it with a backlit one? What part number i have to order?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 24th, 2015 15:00

Hi Pechlis13,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

The system model is not been designed for backlit keyboard, hence you will be unable to replace the same.

4 Posts

May 25th, 2015 02:00

Hi Sujatha,

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by the "system model" ? its a different motherboard than the one with the backlit? The exact same model you can find it in the market both editions backlit or no!

Thanks again

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 25th, 2015 04:00

It looks like you're correct - however, the potential for damage when replacing a keyboard is not insignificant.  If you are within the 21 day satisfaction guarantee period, return the system and re-order a new one with a backlit keyboard.

4 Posts

May 25th, 2015 09:00

The keyboard is loose on the top from day one so i have to give it for repair, i dont believe its under warranty as i i bought it from a foreign country and not my residence! Im asking to be prepared in case i got any answer like "no way for a backlit, forget it" etc. I can imagine the risk of damage but only in case i try to repkace it by myself!

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 27th, 2015 12:00

Hi Pechlis13,

Let me know the region the system is now. I will check the options to get it fixed.

4 Posts

May 29th, 2015 02:00

Hi Sujatha

My region is Greece- Europe. The only option to get it fixed is me to cover the cost! My concern is i will pay for it i want a backlit keyboard! is it possible? Dont waste your time trying to figure out Europe's warranty issues! They want to support the local market thats why anything outside is void!

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 31st, 2015 08:00

Hi Pechlis13,    

Regret you will unable to replace the system with backlit keyboard as the motherboard does not support it.

No Events found!