Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 20th, 2011 21:00

i am sick and tired of this....

i am sick and tired of calling tech support just so i can be on the phone for 3 hours, they check the temp of my computer and then tell me to reformat and call back, i am sick of this,

i know exactly what is wrong and i have my warranties and know what needs to be done. i don't want to talk to anyone anymore i want to email or chat, but my computer (Alienware m17 x) is not supported by that yet.

it has been a full year since my GFX cards have failed on me, my usb ports have not been working, i blue screen at least once a day, computer crashes every hour, power cord barely works and battery is always dead.. i just want this to be done and fixed.

anyone know what i can do?

3.6K Posts

March 21st, 2011 13:00

Have you run the dell diagnostic tests yet to see if any errors are posted?Write the error codes down and give them to tech support when you call and they will dispatch a tech to fix it.The warranty covers repairs after the diagnostics detect any problems.

9 Posts

March 21st, 2011 14:00

Yes. Have run. Nothing,

You must be a DELL person. Covering for bad support,

You would think the tech who took over my machine yesterday for 4 hours wouold know to run diagnostics. No?? God Bless Dell for being worst service company in USA (India - sorry),

9 Posts

Why in God's name would I have to rum dianostics for service tech????????????????????????

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

You must be a DELL person. Covering for bad support,

With that kind of attitude, I wouldn't bother helping you even if I knew the answer.

Stay around and learn something before mouthing off.

9 Posts

March 21st, 2011 21:00

Sorry if I insulted you but 10 hours on phone with India talking to people who know less then I will do that to you.

I went to them about "white screen" problem and left them with a useless computer with no usable data in exel or word (?). They are sending tech with new hard drive and mother board. How the hell did we get here???????????????

Sorry dell service is not only bad but HARMFUL

12 Posts

March 21st, 2011 22:00

i just want my stuff fixed

9 Posts

March 22nd, 2011 13:00

WELL, AS PROMISED TECH CAME TO MY HOUSE TODAY.......MORE CHUCKLES.

INSTEAD OF JUST NEW HARD DRIVE (WHICH INDIA TECH ADMITTED HE HAD MESSED UP) HE HAD PARTS FOR ALL NEW COMPUTER IN THIS BIG BOX.

AFTER INSPECTING COMPUTER HE SAID, "THEY DID IT AGAIN". ALL THE COMPUTER NEEDED WAS A NEW GRAPHIC BOARD WHICH WOULD OF SOLVED MY ORIGINAL PROBLEM OF "WHITE SCREEN" BUT SINCE THEY COULD EVN DIAGNOZE THE PROBLEM, THEY SENT EVERYTHING.

I HAVE NEW HARD DRIVE, MOTHER BOARD, GRAPHICS BOARD, VIDEO, SCREEN, ETC. ... ALL FOR NO REASON.

ONLY PROBLEM, THEY SCREWED UP ALL MY DATA IN EXEL & WORD.

WHAT A SCREWED UP COMPANY TO LET THIS GO ON. SERVICE GUY SAID MY EXPERIENCE NOT UNCOMMON.

SO MY TO ALL IS, "KEEP SCREAMING AT INDIA" AND SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL GIVE YOU PARTS FOR A NEW COMPUTER.

No Events found!