Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 13th, 2017 15:00

i reinstalled windows. now only 1 usb port works

i reinstalled windows. now only 1 usb port works. the port where I had the bootable flash drive with windows installed on it the only usb port that works.

I cannot find the correct driver on the dell site. I installed this driver: R305170.

but still only 1 port works.

also I tried to install the Dell System Detect and I got a message saying:

"cannot continue. the application is improperly formatted. contact the application vendor for assistance"

when I click "details" I get this:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
 Windows    : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
 Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50727.8669
 System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50727.5493 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
 mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50727.8669 (QFE.050727-8600)
 dfdll.dll    : 2.0.50727.5493 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
 dfshim.dll    : 4.0.41210.0 (Main.041210-0000)

SOURCES
 Deployment url   : downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application

ERROR SUMMARY
 Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
 * Activation of downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
  + Exception reading manifest from downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
  + Manifest XML signature is not valid.
  + SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
 No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
 There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
 * [8/13/2017 4:13:10 PM] : Activation of downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
 Following errors were detected during this operation.
 * [8/13/2017 4:13:10 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
  - Exception reading manifest from downloads.dell.com/.../DellSystemDetectLauncher.Application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
  --- Inner Exception ---
  System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SignatureValidation)
  - Manifest XML signature is not valid.
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
  --- Inner Exception ---
  System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException
  - SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.
  - Source: System.Security
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignedInfo(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignatureReturningKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm& signingKey)
   at System.Deployment.Internal.CodeSigning.SignedCmiManifest.Verify(CmiManifestVerifyFlags verifyFlags)
   at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
 No transaction information is available.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 13th, 2017 18:00

Ok, the site is back.  R305170 appears to be a touchpad driver.  The USB 3.0 driver is here: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 13th, 2017 18:00

For future reference, it greatly helps other people help you if you include your system model and operating system.  I'm assuming the latter is Windows 7 based on the screenshot (and since everything newer has native USB 3.0 support), but the only hint of your system model is the partially chopped off Service Tag in your screenshot.  It looks like the support.dell.com site is having issues as I write this though, so even if I guessed it correctly, I wouldn't have a way to send you a link to the driver -- although that probably explains the Dell Detect application not working right now.  But fyi if the site starts working, even if Dell Detect still doesn't work, just click the "Find it myself" tab shown in your screenshot and choose your OS.  The USB 3.0 drivers will probably be under the Chipset section, but they'll be clearly labeled wherever they are.  You can just click "Show all" and then search the page for USB.

23 Posts

August 14th, 2017 13:00

hey thanks man I installed that driver and now all my usb ports work. dell should make it clearer that this is a mouse driver cause before,  my mouse would light up while booting but die before password option. and it would charge my phone but the phone folders wouldn't open

I still have a yellow sign in device manager next to SM Bus Controller. im not sure what this is or if I need it. do you have a driver the SM Bus Controller too?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 14th, 2017 13:00

Yeah, it looks like entering your Service Tag filters a lot of important drivers out on that site.  That's a bug on Dell's side and it's why I usually only select my system model rather than entering my Service Tag.  If you want to see the full list of drivers, you can do that here, but honestly if you just get the Dell Update application under the Applications category, it should find the other drivers you need.  That SMBus controller is probably something that would be handled by a driver under the Chipset category.

No Events found!