Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2014 16:00

iaStor.sys- blue screen of death

hi guys,

since yesterday i started having this problem. i was updating my drivers for Inspiron 15r SE 7520 (with 32GB of mSSD) and the problem occurred in intel Rapid Storage Technology. computer needed a restart and the last message it showed in the notification area was Intel RST is not running and then it turned off. 

when it tried to come back on it started showing BSOD with iaStor.sys error. i cannot start in any mode!

repair your computer fails as the progress bar is filling up --ending up in BDOS

safe mode results in the same way and a restart.

dell recovery DVD isnt being recognised.

i tried to repair windows but it fails to recognise the HDD/partitions. 

i really dont want to lose the data on this computer all my University work and very important files are on this computer.

if there was any way of going back to the desktop i'd go back to the older drivers/software and leave everything alone.

it is unbelievably frustrating, sorry for being so long winded.

please help! i'd appreciate it very much.

13 Posts

November 11th, 2014 20:00

Try to troubleshoot the BSOD using WhoCrashed and then update/uninstall the faulting program.

November 11th, 2014 20:00

You can try system restore to an earlier time point and time. You can use below mentioned method to do system restore if you can't access your computer's desktop.

1. Restart your computer.

2. As your computer restarts, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu. If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn't appear, restart your computer after the Windows logon prompt appears, and try again.
  3. Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.

4. Select your language settings, and click next.

5. Log on as an administrator, and click OK.

6. Click System Restore, and then click next.

7. The most recent restore point is the default choice and the best place to start.

8. To choose a different restore point, click the Show more restore points check box, and then click a restore point.

9. Click next, and then click Finish to confirm your restore point.

10. To start the restore process, click yes.

11. Once the system restore is complete, click Restart to restart your computer.

7 Posts

November 12th, 2014 13:00

hi

thank you very much for your replies guys. i have tried F8 and selecting repair but it wont even go up to that screen.

it looks like i have lost my recovery DVD i created, as i havent needed them over the past 2 years i must have misplaced them. how do i get replacements?

my first priority is to recover from this state without losing any of my installed programs/data as it is a result of long hard work.

if the worst comes how do i re install the windows 7 that came with my laptop?

thank you very much.

7 Posts

November 14th, 2014 01:00

Hi

I have managed to install the windows (borrowed 7 home premium from a friend) in my mSSD. Had to format it to use it. I located my dell recovery dvd and when I select the system image in it to install it keeps saying the disk size/type is unsupported.

I want to have my original windows back just in case this copy happens to be dodgy. Also is there any way of using the system image from Dell recovery disc in any other environment? I. E. Can I use Windows restore function and point it to that system image?

Eventually I'd want to have my OS in c: and use mSSD to accelerate as before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

November 14th, 2014 21:00

Hi Awais09,

Private message me the service tag of your computer. Let me see what best I can do. Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. 
Please refer to the link below where to locate the service tag or express service code.
http://dell.to/162b3za

7 Posts

November 17th, 2014 15:00

hi Mangesh

i have sent you private messages with a couple of questions.

look forward to hearing from you

thank you.

No Events found!