Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

B

5 Posts

December 9th, 2005 00:00

ialmrnt5 error

I have hadan on going blue screen error - ialmrnt5
Dell has yet to reaolve this problem.  Any suggestions or helpful hints?

2 Posts

December 10th, 2005 20:00

ialmrnt5, sound like a video driver issue to me, are you still using the ones that came supplied or have you found some updated ones ?

5 Posts

December 11th, 2005 00:00

According to all the information the error messages are giving me - it is a video
error. Others in the group seem to have had the problem, but no resolution from Dell
yet. Any suggestions

6 Posts

March 16th, 2006 17:00

I read through the entire internet and everyone either suggests that is due to dust in your laptop, defective or incompatible RAMs, or need to update graphic drivers.  I found that neither worked for me so I sent an email to dell to return the laptop.  I'm pretty fed up with all that I have put up with for the past few weeks since I received the laptop- ie really poor customer service!  Good luck!

6 Posts

March 17th, 2006 19:00

SOLUTION:  Dell M140 does not support VGA cables.  You must plug either SVGA or XVGA which will get rid of the looping ialmrnt5 errors.

March 31st, 2006 18:00

We recently experienced the issue 'ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working' error with several of the optiplex gx260 models we have in our call center.    At first I tried to resolve it by replacing the motherboard and reimaging the pc, it failed to resolve it. 

Reinstalling the latest Intell video driver may fix it temporarily however the problem will return. Our current work around is to reimage the pc until we come up with a better resolution.  The common thread is one of our proprietary XP images and the gx260 model.  We have the same image on our gx270 models without an issue.

Message Edited by Thornton Call Center on 04-07-200609:52 AM

5 Posts

April 2nd, 2006 23:00

Shiandi
Dell asked me to return my laptpo - they replaced my mother board - no problems since
that. The only problem is it took Dell entirely to long to come to that conclusion.

4 Posts

June 25th, 2007 21:00

first to let the drivers working well view the readme in (rar/zip) Link:   http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UHIDCOXA
second the problem is that microsoft doesn't have good drivers (further version of original) for the graphics card you can download the file from above or download and older version of the drives of the graphics card from the original site (from the original site you can download the newest version because of microsoft made it him self and that is a newer version).
last mail microsoft for the bad drivers!!!!!!!!!!

3.9K Posts

July 5th, 2007 16:00

Have you guys tried using the newest drivers from Dell, and failing that, the newest drivers for your Intel video from Intel?

@eva123 wrote:
SOLUTION: Dell M140 does not support VGA cables. You must plug either SVGA or XVGA which will get rid of the looping ialmrnt5 errors.

That doesn't make much sense. A VGA cable is a VGA cable. There's no such thing as an "SVGA" or "XVGA" cable.
No Events found!