Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2011 09:00

initial session process terminated

My laptop is dell 1564 , it was well runing on 3 gb ram.with windows 7 64 bit.

i have a 64 bit windows 7 alredy installed later i upgrded to  6 gb ram, at tht time it was working ,i logged in windows 7 and checked 6 gb was showing.

then i installed ubutu 64 bit , but install failed. now the problem is , i even cant install 64 bit windows with dvd , getting blue screen error.

error  when try to put dvd is " initial session process terminated"

any idea?

even cant install 64 bit ubuntu, 

The fun part is i can install any 32 bit ubuntu os with out any issues and it will show 3 gb ram.

at my one slot 2 gb and other slot it is 4 gb .

i dont think it is a ram issue , if ram was problm it wont show up at first instll is it?

now also whn i try 32 bit its showing 3 gb,

12 Posts

October 26th, 2011 09:00

also can any one share how to bios memory cache , shadowing etc , seems problem with cache and shadowing

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 26th, 2011 12:00

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0x00000000

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. The error occurs due to the below reasons:

a. Mismatched system files have been installed.

b. A backup program that is used to restore a hard disk did not correctly restore files that may have been in use.

c. An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

d.The hard drive has bad sectors. The drive is damaged and will not take a clean install.

To  be more specific, the system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services, etc.), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

Method 1:

Let’s start the computer by using the last known good configuration. To start the computer by using the last known good configuration, follow the steps mentioned:

a. Restart the computer and tap F8. You will see the Advance Boot options  menu.

b. Use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

c. Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.

Note:

Choosing the Last Known Good Configuration startup option provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. However, it does not solve problems that are caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.

Have  a look at the below link:

windows.microsoft.com/.../Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Method 2:

If the above step fails, try to boot the computer in safe mode.

Access the below link to which talks about how to boot the computer from Safe Mode:

windows.microsoft.com/.../Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

12 Posts

October 26th, 2011 18:00

may be you are true bcz i ty to install 64 bit ubuntu os with new kernel , after reboot the problem strts ,,,now all my OS gone , so there is no point of talking safe mode etc...all i want is a fresh install of 64 bit windows os. install but it is still getting blue screen when i insert boot dvd, but i can easily install 32 bit linub ox with out any issue..why?

No Events found!