Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2017 08:00

insipiron 15 5567

inspiron 15 5567 is not supporting 1gbps internet speed, please help me how to instal supporting drivers for i7 7th generation procesor

13 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 11:00

yes, my isp providers are check my pc and they said its not supporting for 1gbps, please upgrade your pc.

my isp is ACT FIBERNET IN HYDERABAD

MY CURRENT PLAN IS 150Mbps

if you are not believe, you can remote access my system

if iam directly connet the LAN to my pc it will shows speed

and hardware component is shows

if iam connecting LAN THROUGH ADAPTER to my pc it will shows

when i need 150Mbps speed, i should connect through adapter

and hardware component is shown like

please saw and observe the pics what i have mantioned

if i need more than 100mbps, i should connect through extenal adapter,

without adapter i can not get speed,

i was requesting to my service ISP, upgrade my internet plan up to 1gbps, the connection will update with in a week.

this is adapter iam using for additional using

please give me a solution for this problem, i want relace my laptop

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2017 09:00

If you really have a 1 Gbps  Internet connection, when you do a speed test, what does it show up and down?

Did your ISP provided modem/gateway also support the speed?  What type of Local network do you have, connected directly to the gateway or through a router..

I will tell you, I very seldom see a 1 Gbps connection even on my Local Network..

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 4th, 2017 06:00

The specifications on your system show it as having a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet adapter.  Since you can't replace that adapter it seems the only option you have is the external adapter, as you show.

Since that external adapter does appear to give you the current 150 Mbps it should get you close to the 1 Gbps  I don't know of what else you can do.

Keep in mind, the ISP speed will help if you run multiple computers needing fast download speeds.

13 Posts

July 4th, 2017 23:00

than why not installed top end model laptop,

we are  requiring for taking only for speed this lap, can replace this laptop or any other solution

13 Posts

July 14th, 2017 03:00

please reply. what should i do? i need more speed for thats only i took this top end model.

please solve my problem.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2017 04:00

You'll need to contact Dell support in the country of purchase, or the vendor from whom you purchased the system to find out what their return policy is.

In the US, Dell allows returns for a short period of time after purchase - minus a restocking fee.

13 Posts

where to i submit my pc, i want to return this. because external adapter is not working proplerly, its getting heat and disconneting autometically or down the speed immediatley.

please send me a copy of return reqest form.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

You can either purchase an external USB 3.x gigabit adapter, or return the system and order one that has built-in gigabit (Latitudes do;  so do the XPS models through a USB adapter).

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2017 08:00

See above.  The only way to upgrade to gigabit Ethernet is by means of a USB adapter.

As for returns, that's up to Dell (or your dealer if it was purchased from a reseller) - returns are possible in the US only within 30 days of shipment.  At that, you'll likely face a 20% restocking fee to return the system.

13 Posts

accually they didnt know, which model is support 1gbps, they said you have to choose before you buy,

when i buy this pc there is no demo for check it. so i was checked in i3 5th gen dell lap, than i desided to buy this i7 7th gen. but its not supporting

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Many of the consumer-level low-and mid-range models (i.e., all Inspirons and many Vostros) DO NOT have gigabit support.

XPS and Latitude models generally do.

13 Posts

i went to service center also, they said we cant do any thing. you have to contact with online support and they will help how to upgrade if possible. if its not possible they told about return policy system.  if they accept and confirmation from online support we should take it, other wise we caant. please you have to confirm them for accept it

13 Posts

July 14th, 2017 09:00

no i already seen in inspiron only, its i3 5th genration, if u hv doubt you check it, but give me a solution for it. iam ready to exchange or return

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2017 11:00

If this is a 5567, the Ethernet is 10/100, not gigabit.

There are two solutions:

Use a USB 3.0 gigabit adapter -- example:

www.amazon.com/.../

or, return the system and buy a different model that has gigabit onboard.

The Inspiron 7567 model, a step above yours, DOES have gigabit.

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15-7567-laptop

13 Posts

July 15th, 2017 02:00

yes i want to return this pc,

No Events found!