Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2014 19:00

insperion 1300 clean OS install

so i had to reinstall the OS from the supplied disk set.

vista 32bit installed well.

when i put the drivers & utility disk in it only shows me a menu with a search option whitch shows info about the software and utilities on the disk.

<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>  again i dont see anyway to install these utilities or programs.

there are links, like 3 of them to come here to dells website.... but again the drivers arent installed apparently and i have no internet access to find help i assume because the drivers havent been installed.

I really hope i'm not expected to know what these utilitys do and which drivers i need to install !!

talk about a disabled system, even when i'm using the dell supplied system disks.

its basically a dead system that cant be used till i find a new utilities install disk that actually install the drivers and programs. ( i sure the hell wont be paying for this) i'm not impressed with dell right now...

PS i know about the CTRL+F11 system restore option, i ran that 3 times, and each time the computer wont boot afterwards... apparently the restore partition has been damaged by something in someway.

PS i have used the restore partition on an old HP compaq presario that worked flawlessly and returned  that computer to a ready to run computer like i just brought it home from the store..

sure would be sweet if the dell worked as well !!.

if even only installing the network card drivers so we could atleast use the links on the driver disk to get help.

is there a fix to or maybe, better still an ISO image of a working drivers & utility's disk, i can use this functioning dell system to burn the cd/dvd.

as is a dead system that i'm looking to replace if i cant find a solution, and it wont be a dell.. just say'n.

No Responses!
No Events found!