Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2012 06:00

inspiron 7520 keyboard backlight issue

Hi

I have the same issue on inspiron 15r 7520. I've tried , but nothing happens. And also there's no orange printed picture on button unlike the other functions. But I can configure backlight's brightness in the Windows Mobility Center.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 16th, 2013 16:00

Hi ChopperRead,

Here's what I was able to find.

First, ensure that Dell Quickset is installed on your computer. You can download and install it from the following link http://dell.to/1eQfDP1 

Once installed, open Windows Mobility Center (press Windows key + X). Click on the little box next to the backlit keyboard on. You should see these settings.

Hope this helps.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

December 28th, 2012 06:00

Hi Aryan Mir,

Let’s try the following steps and see if it works.

To enable the keyboard backlit:

Press < Fn >< F6 > once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press < Fn >< F6 > second time to decrease the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing < Fn >< F6 > for the third time turns off the keyboard back light.

If the above steps do not work, then uninstall ‘Dell Quickset’ from the ‘Control Panel’ (for Windows 7 OS):

• Click Start.
  • Click on ‘Control Panel’ (Windows 7) / Right click on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, choose 'Control Panel' (Windows 8)
  • On View by: choose Large icons
  • Click on ‘Programs and Features’
  • On the new window, click ‘Dell Quickset’ highlight it.
  • Click Uninstall/Change at the top
  • Follow through the prompts in order to remove the software.
  • Restart the computer.

Then download ‘Dell Quickset’ from the link,

• Click on the link 

http://dell.to/S7nltq (Windows 7)
    http://dell.to/SSGLWG (Windows 8) 

• Click on ‘Download File’
  • Check on the radio box ‘Single-file download’
  • Click on ‘Continue’
  • Click on ‘Save’
  • Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  • Double click on the file; choose ‘Continue’
  • Click 'OK' on ‘Select the folder’ where you want to unzip the files (make a note of the folder location)
  • Click ‘Yes’
  • Click ‘Ok’, follow the on screen instructions and install the file
  • Restart the computer

In case you do not get prompts on the screen for instructions, then

• Browse to the folder where the files were unzipped and locate the setup file
  • Double click on the file; follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation

Please reply with the service tag of the computer so that I can check the system details if your system was shipped with a backlit keyboard.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

December 28th, 2012 07:00

Hi Aryan Mir,

Thank you for the information; I appreciate it. I have checked the system configuration. This system did not come with a backlit keyboard. Hence this feature is not available for this computer.

Glad to assist.

August 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi

How to change keyboard backlight time?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi ChopperRead,

Please reply with the exact system model and the operating system installed on your computer so that I can assist you further.

August 16th, 2013 14:00

Model nr is Dell Inspirion 7520-3524 and OP system is windows 8

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 16th, 2013 14:00

Hi ChopperRead,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to control the time. Here how the setting works: Press < Fn >< F6 > once to turn on the keyboard back light. Press < Fn >< F6 > second time to decrease the brightness of the keyboard back light and pressing < Fn >< F6 > for the third time turns off the keyboard back light. It is working as designed.

August 16th, 2013 15:00

Once i found this option and second time i cant find

August 17th, 2013 14:00

Awsome thats what i meaning.   Thank you :)

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

August 19th, 2013 11:00

Hi ChopperRead,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Do reach out our forum in case you face any issues in the future.

1 Message

October 7th, 2013 12:00

This solution worked for me, as well!

Thanks!

Lea

No Events found!