Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2013 16:00

inspiron b120

hey guys

i have an inspiron b120 i got it from a freind  not sure what hapen i think it fell when i try to get on it saids the device in the system modular bay cannot be identified.it may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem then it gos to a black screen and that said no bootable devices strike f1 to retry boot.f2 for setup when i press f2 in systems devices info it shows that theres no hard drive and modular bay device but theres a hard drive and dvd in there not sure what to do can someone please help

953 Posts

October 3rd, 2013 16:00

Hi mpl100,

You may receive this error message if the Hard Drive or Optical Drive is not seated properly in its bay. Re-seat the Hard Drive and the Optical Drive in their respective bays. After re-seat load BIOS Defaults. To load BIOS Defaults:

1. Press during POST to enter the system setup program.
  2. Press and to reset the computer defaults.
  3. Press , select Save changes and reboot, and press to save configuration changes.

Do reply with results.

9 Posts

October 4th, 2013 10:00

hey

i tried what u said but it just beep and nothing 

953 Posts

October 7th, 2013 16:00

Hi mpl100,

What is the count of the beep that you hear? Is there an error message displayed on the screen when you hear the beeps? What is the status (color) of the four LEDs located along the front edge of the system?

No Events found!