Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2012 04:00

inspiron m5030 7beeps problem

Has anyone who has had their m5030 7beep problem solved, then 2weeks later get a blank screen?.....my friend had his laptop repaired with a new motherboard and screen free of charge out of warranty, like many of us on here, but last night 2weeks later the screen went black, it didnt switch off just went blank, we turned the laptop off then it came on with windows fixing the problem, it was ok then till today when it did the same again.   We are getting fed up with this situation now as we dont know when it will happen again, and losing faith in DELL....they should recall these laptops and fix completely or give us some money off a new one...but then again i wouldnt buy DELL again!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 11th, 2012 07:00

Hi Olahola,

I see that you get a blank screen on your computer. I also understand that restarting the computer fixes the problem temporarily, since the issue reoccurs at least every two weeks.

I’d suggest you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there are any issue with the hardware on your system.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once every second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows, turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press to begin the Diagnostics.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Please do reply to us with the error codes.

In case you are getting 7 beeps on your computer, you will have to replace the motherboard on your system. I have added you as my friend, so please private message me the system service tag. I will check if your computer is in warranty to assist you further.

1 Message

October 24th, 2012 04:00

Ok so ive also had the dreaded '7 beeps' on my M5030 laptop. Purchased my laptop from Tesco 19 months ago so my warranty has expired. Had a new battery and keyboard prior to this free of charge as this was inside my warranty, Just contacted Dell UK to the usual that it would cost as it is past my warranty! DONT THINK SO DELL! The man on the phone went to speak to his 'supervisor' and came back with 2 options, 1- it would be done free of charge with a 10-14 working day turn around or I could pay £80 to extend my warranty and it would be fixed the next day. I opted for the free one obviously, gave my details of where the laptop should be collected from. The man at Dell put me on hold to book it in and the line went dead! JUST GREAT! So I was unaware whether it was booked in or not? I gave my telephone number so he could contact me in this event but as of yet he hasnt rang me back. So I rang them again and spoke to someone else who was very unhelpful may I add! I am not convinced that it has been booked in as the man just seemed to agree with me. Not impressed with the customer service at Dell what so ever!! Watch this space!!!

1 Message

November 6th, 2012 10:00

Can you add me as friend ? I need to send you a tag number to see what can be done in a Inspiron M5030 with 7 beep problem.

Thanks in advance and please excuse me for my poor English. I am a Spanish speaker.

1.1K Posts

November 9th, 2012 00:00

Hi pablocs,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and the system owner's name so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Keep me updated. Please reply for any further questions.

2 Posts

November 30th, 2012 22:00

i have the same problem, the 7 beeps, but my waranty is expired, so i what to know a solution to this problem??

please respond.

1.1K Posts

November 30th, 2012 23:00

Hi edua7x,

I believe your system model is Inspiron M 5030. 7 beeps indicate processor failure. You may consider replacing the processor.

Please reply for any clarifications.

6 Posts

December 31st, 2012 06:00

Ravi I am also having the same issue and on the phone with Dell support right now.  Because our laptop is out of warranty they say I have to pay for the motherboard replacement.  This seems to be a known problem and I do not believe we (the owners) should be paying for this.  I have tried every scenerio fix mentioned on the Dell forum blog.  

Vicky

1 Message

February 7th, 2013 12:00

hello dell ravi im wondering if you can tell me if my laptop is still under warranty as im getting the 7 bleep too and its only 2 years old and has been looked after in the best possible way, have read alot of forums and this seems to happen to alot of customers surely something can be done on behalf of DELL?

1 Message

December 12th, 2013 07:00

Yes I have the M5030 and I am having the 7 beep problem, I talked to Dell with no help from them, They want to charge me over $300.00 to fix it, I could go buy a new laptop for that cost, STUPID, My sister and a few friends are in the market for a new laptop, I raved to them about my Dell, I am so happy none of them purchased so far, Because my review of this computer has definately changed. I have had this laptop for almost 2 years and really only used it since Last february, due to no internet service. This is just unacceptable for Dell to sell junk to consumers, and they also stated that this is not a common problem, well researching this it sure looks like a common problem to me... To upset, well maybe I'll look into a hp and research before buying any <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>

:emotion-9:

No Events found!