Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2014 17:00

keyboard typing on it own.How to debug the software issue?

After my system boots up,the keyboard starts typing '*' on its own. After sometime the system is working fine. While this error is there i have to press Ctrl button to use my touch-pad also. When i took my system to a service center they told me that it is a bug with windows 8,they rectified it and again after 1 week the same problem again pops up. Please help me out in this.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 30th, 2014 20:00

Hi arjun1092,

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the keyboard and mouse from the device manager.

1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and in the search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  2. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’ in the device manager.
  3. Click on the arrow mark beside ‘Keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’.
  4. Right click on the device under ‘Keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’ installed on your computer and click on ‘Uninstall’.
  5. Click on ‘Ok’ and restart the computer to check for the issue.

Also, I would suggest you to update the touchpad drivers on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the touchpad driver from ‘Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI 

Also, I would advise you to download and install the ‘TouchFreeze’ software from the link below and check for issue resolution.

http://bit.ly/oS0Hd

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Posts

December 1st, 2014 08:00

Dear ravi,

I have installed the latest drivers in my system and I have already tried installing touch freeze in my system. It hasn't helped me in solving the issue .But surprisingly the system behaves weirdly at some particular times only. Any further inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Arjun 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 4th, 2014 22:00

Hi arjun1092,

If the above steps do not fix the issue you may have to reinstall the operating system to check if it fixes the issue.

7 Posts

December 5th, 2014 21:00

Dear Ravi,

I got my system with windows 8 preloaded genuine version. Can i get a windows 8.1 dell oem Cd to re install the OS in my system.

Kindly provide the inputs or the procedure for the same.

Cheers

Arjun 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 10th, 2014 03:00

Hi arjun1092,

Unfortunately we will be able to ship out only the operating system which came with the system you will need to perform Windows update for upgrading to Windows 8.1.

7 Posts

December 11th, 2014 07:00

Dear Ravi, 

Even windows  8 cd is enough because of the system issues. When i search in internet,i can only find a link for US customers. Kindly guided me through the same.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 17th, 2014 07:00

Hi arjun1092,

Please private message me the system service tag and the country you are located so that I can check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!