Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2014 08:00

laptop not recognizing my canon printer anymore and runs slow

I have received a new modem and went to connect printer again.  I called canon and ATT thinking that was the issue and that was not the issue. I even called Norton to assist thinking they had ports blocked.  So far nothing has worked.  Is there a driver I am needing for printers on my Dell laptop Inspiron 15?  I have had nothing but problems with this laptop.  

I do not have alot downloaded but under downloads seems like alot there.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Donna

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2014 04:00

Donna,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features(Windows 8 and 8.1: Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features) your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

On the printer, see if there is a wrench or settings button. See if there is something that states to reset the wireless adapter(if the printer is wireless) to rest the wireless adapter to factory. Reset the adapter to factory.

Go to Canon's Website and download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 32-bit, for your printer or download the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64-bit for your printer and save them to your desktop.

Before installing the printer, it is helpful to use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings in your wireless router, I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Install the Vista drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode then follow the instructions. Make sure to choose new installation and network if the printer is wireless.

Also try reading...

Allow a printer past Norton

Rick

No Events found!