Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 7th, 2012 08:00

left handed configuration for Inspiron 14z Ultrabook touchpad

Just obtained my new 14Z Ultrabook (and this is my first foray into the Dell Community too), but though I have tried every which way the 14Z will not configure the touchpad to work left-handed (i.e. right click as primary click) despite applying the command loads of times in the control panel.

By the way, it works fine with my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I make the swap? It will really cramp my style if I can't make the change-over.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 9th, 2012 12:00

hegasaer,

Richt click on the mini touchpad in the system tray, near the clock, left click touchpad properties. Click on buttons.

Using the drop-down menu, change the left buton to Shortcut menu and change the right button to click

Rick

September 7th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand that it can be annoying to get this issue on a new system.Please try the steps below to fix the problem:
1.I would suggest you to check if the same issue occurs in safe mode.To boot the computer in safe mode, please switch on the computer and start tapping the F8 key which would take you to Advanced Boot Option screen. Using the up and down arrow key, select Safe Mode to boot the computer into Safe Mode.

2.If it works fine in safe mode ,uninstall the touchpad drivers and restart the system and check in normal mode.If its working fine reinstall the drivers from Dell's support site by inserting the system Service Tag and select Touchpad drivers and install it.

3.Please check the settings of touchpad. Follow the steps below:
Click the touchpad icon in the system tray.
Click touchpad properties, this dialog box enables you to configure Sensitivity settings, Button settings, scrolling and Zoom Settings etc.
Refer to the picture below:

Please try the steps and do let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

September 9th, 2012 09:00

by the way the touchpad is v.16.0.4.0  

4 Posts

September 9th, 2012 09:00

Well.  I followed your advice and it didnt work  I still have a right handed touchpad.. This is causing me serious access problems  Please solve the problem with this touchpad or advise how i return this laptop and get a full refund.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 9th, 2012 13:00

hegasaer,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. It used to be a simple click on a button to use a left-handed mouse.

Take care,

Rick

4 Posts

September 9th, 2012 13:00

Hi Rick - you ARE a star!

That seems to be working fine now.  Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Looking forward to exploring my new laptop now I can use the touch-pad properly.

hegasaer

No Events found!