Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2011 16:00

lost password

problem with my laptop ( dell inspiron 1525 ) about forgetting bios password service tag : <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>
please help me
my e_mail : <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 30th, 2011 16:00

You must call Dell, verify your ownership of the system, and upon payment for a support call, they'll assist you in clearing the password.

1 Message

May 26th, 2014 12:00

there is a highly illegal way to do this, you could boot into recovery/boot from dvd,usb into recovery and open a cmd window. type notepad.exe and click file, open and open the drive that you have the os on. navigate to windows, system32 and delete utilman.exe (note: this will delete your high contrast, on-screen keyboard menu!) once you have done that copy cmd.exe to another location and call it utilman.exe and place it back in the system32 folder. once you have done that reboot your pc to the logon screen and click on the ease of access icon in the corner and this will open cmd. type "net user" without quotes. this will list all accounts. find the account that is yours and type "net user [username] [newpassword]" without quotes or the [. restart the pc and login with the new password! p.s. if you cant get recovery download an iso of the operating system and burn it to a dvd or usb and boot from that.

hope ths helps!,

daniel the handy hacker

No Events found!