Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2010 14:00

m11x battery shutting down randomly

I have an m11x version 1. love it so far. one issue:

Not sure if anyone has the seen the issue, but it looks like whenever I have the power supply plugged in, it will suddenly stop working. It seems this most often happens when I have the NVidia graphics card operating. I couldn't figure out why my PC would randomly run out of battery, then I noticed the light would be out on my power supply. I have to unplug the supply, then plug it back in and it works for a while. I would guess that it is overheating, but I'm not sure if that is the correct issue.

Anyone else seeing this, or do I need to replace the power supply?

August 11th, 2010 07:00

Mine shuts down randomly both on battery that ac adapter.................. bought 2 months ago, now acting strange suddenly. Mine it's not a windows related issue, and the adapter and the laptop are cool, so it's not overheating... I restored system and I tested holding the notebook in the bios and in the diagnostic tool (F12 at startup), but it always shuts down, sometimes after a couple of minutes and sometimes after a couple of hours. :(

Are you sure that it shuts down only on power supply?

I am beginnig to think that the R1 has serious power isues on the mainboard... and it started from one day to another :S

December 11th, 2010 14:00

Mine shuts down randomly both on battery that ac adapter.................. bought 2 months ago, now acting strange suddenly. Mine it's not a windows related issue, and the adapter and the laptop are cool, so it's not overheating... I restored system and I tested holding the notebook in the bios and in the diagnostic tool (F12 at startup), but it always shuts down, sometimes after a couple of minutes and sometimes after a couple of hours. :(

Are you sure that it shuts down only on power supply?

I am beginnig to think that the R1 has serious power isues on the mainboard... and it started from one day to another :S

Thanks for your explanation! Nice writing.
No Events found!