Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 07:00

m4600 fingerprint scanner

I just bought an M4600 that comes with a fingerprint / bio scanner. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate and use the darn thing. I would appreciate any help you can provide. :emotion-8:

750 Posts

August 31st, 2012 23:00

Hi jeffroavs,

UPEK Fingerprint Reader Suite has to be used to configure the Fingerprint reader. During user enrollment, fingerprint samples are scanned and the connection between fingerprint samples and the Windows user account is created. When a user wishes to logon again, the logon dialog will prompt the user to swipe their finger over the sensor. The enrolled fingerprint is recognized and the user is logged on.

Follow the below mentioned steps to locate the software in the computer:

1. Click “Start”, type “Fingerprint Reader Suite”.
  2. Start search results would show the Fingerprint Reader Suite in the results.
  3. Click “Fingerprint Reader Suite”.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the enrollment process, this has every minute information to configure the software.

Kindly revert and let me know for further clarifications.

1 Message

March 29th, 2013 14:00

Can you please clarify how I can install the necessary software such that I can access the Fingerprint Reader Suite?  I have Win7-64bit and I cannot locate any Fingerprint software/drivers on my M4600.

Thanks.

No Events found!