Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2009 23:00

media card reader

I have a Studio 1737 with an 8 in 1 card reader slot.

I have a compact flash card.

How do I insert it.

Seems easy ... but it is not!!

Thanks

2.2K Posts

July 19th, 2009 12:00

I looked up the Studio Setup Guide - it does not support Compact Flash Cards.

3 Posts

July 19th, 2009 17:00

Tnx much ... Hard to believe...this thing has Blue Ray, 17" screen, blue tooth etc etc.  I din't even check out the card reader -- figuring that anything this "high-end" would have an all-in-one.

Do you happen to know what the card slot on the left side DOES support.  Is the black plastic carrier in it designed just to keep the slot occupied when not in use, or does it carry whatever media it does accept into the slot??

Also, I looked through the electronic set-up guide and manual (sent to me on a disc), and i couldn't find any info on the card reader.  must be "my bad"

Thanks Again

Chuck

2.2K Posts

July 19th, 2009 18:00

Hi,

Compact Flash is becoming a dinosaur and laptops have limited space. I tihnk those two facts conspired to not have Compact Flash support on the 1737.

The information is on page 22 of the setup guide - at least the online one found here (I don't know if it is different than the one they send out).

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/studio1737/en/SG/F174HA01MR.pdf

Good luck and enjoy your new machine...

EDIT: By the way, that page also talks about the inserted black placeholder you asked about. Basically, it comes out and the memory card goes stright in, not attached to the card or anything. Also, note the larger opening near the small memory card slot is for Express Card add ons and is not another memory slot.

No Events found!